* Due to current provincial COVID-19 measures Portage Pool is closed until further notice, due to continued restrictions in place by the Government of Alberta
*Due to COVID-19 our monthly WIBIT swim is currently canceled.*
COVID – 19 Guidelines
- Facility capacity for public swim has been set to 50 patrons
- Pre-booking your lane/time for lane swim is recommended. Call 780-623-6777 to book
- It is recommended that you come dress to participate in your activity
- Change rooms and showers are available but have been limited to encourage physical distancing
- Hot tub and Steam room are now open
- Public use toys are currently not permitted
Types of Public Swims
- Public Swim
The main pool is divided width-wise by a buoy line indicating the deep end and shallow end.
- Toonie Swim
An public swim at the reduced cost of $2 per person.
- Family Friday (No school days) Public Swim
On Family Fridays (following the Northern Lights Public Schools’ schedule), an additional public swim is added to the schedule. For dates and times, visit our Facebook page or consult the Community Activity Guide. Please note Portage Pool follows the Northern Lights Public school calendar.
- Wibit Swim
WIBIT swims are currently being postponed due to COVID-19. The Wibit Aquatrack is set up in the main pool. No other swimming is permitted in the main pool at this time. The wading pool, hot tub, and steam room are available as usual. Please see the Aquatrack Info page for rules and admission. For a list of Wibit Swim dates, visit our Facebook page or consult the Community Activity Guide.
- Women-Only Lane Swim
Women of all ages plus children of any gender ages 6 and younger are welcome at this time. The swim is supervised by female lifeguards only. Blinds are pulled down and a barrier is placed across the viewing area for privacy.
- Adult Lane Swim
The main pool is divided into lanes by speed for directional lane swimming. The hot tub and steam room are available. However, the wading pool is closed. Youth and teens are permitted as long as they participate in directional swimming and follow all rules.
- Lane Swim with Wading Pool
The pool is set up the same as for Adult Lane Swim. However, the wading pool is also available for families with toddlers.
- Family Swim
This is a time for the entire family to enjoy the pool together. Parents/caregivers must accompany children during their time in the pool.
- Senior Swim
This is a swim specifically for seniors to enjoy the facility all to themselves.
To see details about types of memberships, restrictions, and where to use them, click here. Please refer to Admission and Supervision standards for children at Portage Pool.
|Toddlers (0-3)||Child/Youth (4-17)||Adult (18-59)||Student/ Senior (60+)||Family|