Lac La Biche County Sports Hall Of Fame
The Lac La Biche County Sports Hall of Fame acknowledges significant, exceptional achievements and contributions to athletics and sports in the County, honouring both individual and team achievements.
Inductees to the Lac La Biche County Sports Hall of Fame are recognized through portraits and biographies in display areas in the Bold Center. Inductees may also be highlighted on a life-size wall mural with an inspirational message to promote sport and achievement.
Nominations may originate with an individual, club or association, and must be signed by the nominator. Nominations can be submitted in any of the following categories: Athlete, Builder or Team (or any combination thereof). You can nominate deceased persons. The nominator is responsible for submitting a complete nomination package with all pertinent details. and may be contacted for clarification, additional details or questions as required.
Support material or documentation such as letters of reference, character letters supporting the nomination, newspaper clippings, citations or copies of certificates, may be included with the submission, but must directly relate to the nominee(s) achievements or contributions.
Up to 10 inductees may be welcomed into the Sports Hall of Fame each year. However, if there are no nominations or suitable candidates, inductions may not occur annually.
The nomination deadline is October 1 of each year. Please submit completed nominations to:
Lac La Biche County Sports Hall of Fame
Attention: Recreation & Community Enhancement
Lac La Biche, Alberta, T0A 2C0
Bold Center, #100, 8702 – 91st Avenue
Nominations will remain on file and be reviewed annually for three consecutive years. After three years, nominee(s) must be resubmitted in order to be considered. All submitted nominations are retained by Lac La Biche County for historical research purposes.
Nominators will be notified of selection decision by October 31 of each year.
High resolution digital photo (1200 x 900 dpi, JPG or TIFF files preferred)
8” x 10” black and white or colour-printed photo
Other (newspaper clipping, etc.)
Photos can be head/team shots or action shots. As the photographs will be displayed within a public facility. Lac La Biche County requires authorization from the photographer or whoever provided the photo to use the photograph for publicity purposes, on the Lac La Biche County and Bold Center websites, as well as within the Bold Center for exhibit purposes. Lac La Biche County will credit the photograph to the photographer in all uses. If the photographer is known, please include their name and contact information.
- Be or have been a Lac La Biche County resident for at least 10 years;
- Have demonstrated outstanding achievements or distinction in athletics/sports, either in Alberta or outside the province, or whose example has brought credit to the sport and high respect for the individual;
- Have compiled an outstanding record, which extends over at least 10 years in one or more sports;
- Have competed at national, international, or world championships; and
- Have made a significant impact on sport in Lac La Biche area.
To apply for the athlete category, the nominee does not need to be retired.
- Be a Lac La Biche County resident during the period of which outstanding service is claimed;
- Have meritoriously served athletics/sport for a period of at least ten years (not necessarily consecutive or in one sport); and
- Have made a significant contribution to sport/athletics through initiative, leadership, innovation or dedication as a coach, manager, official, administrator, trainer, board member, or similar position.
Nominees can be active or inactive in sport/athletics, and will be evaluated on the impact they have made to sport in the community.Nomination Form
- Be based in Lac La Biche County when the success was acclaimed and documented;
- Be composed of more than two members;
- Be composed of at least 50% area residents at the time of competition;
- Competed at either national, international, or world championships; and
- Made a significant impact on sport in the Lac La Biche area.
The final decision regarding induction eligibility must be ratified by Lac La Biche County Council on the advice of Lac La Biche Administration.Nomination Form