Booking Portage Pool
Portage Pool staff teach the Lifesaving Society’s Swim to Survive program when you book lessons with us. This is a survival swimming program that teaches participants the basic skills they need to be able to survive an unexpected fall into deep water. Please note that Swim to Survive doesn’t replace formal swimming lessons.
What is Swim to Survive?
Wibit Aquatrack Bookings
Basic Booking Process
- Complete the booking request form in full and submit it via email or in person.
- Portage Pool staff will check the schedule and contact you to confirm or change the requested booking time.
- If approved, you will be issued a permit number as confirmation that we’ve received the form and approved your requests. If you haven’t received a permit number, your booking hasn’t been confirmed.
- We required full payment 3 days (72 hours) prior to the time of the booking in order to confirm the booking.
We require cancellation requests in writing at least 72 hours prior to the booked time. You will be refunded the full amount, minus an administrative fee.
If you do not give the correct notice, you will lose the full cost of the booking.
- Can I book the viewing area or loft for my party?
Due to a lack of training space at Portage Pool, the loft is now a classroom and is not available to be booked. The viewing area is also not available for private bookings as it is a shared space with no walls separating it from other users or from the pool deck.
- Why can’t I provide food at my booking?
Unfortunately, because Portage Pool doesn’t have separate spaces away from the pool for food, we’re not able to allow bookings to bring in food for distributing to their guests, like cake and pizza for example. Swimming lesson participants or people waiting in the viewing area eating their personal snacks is permitted.
- What are my options for a pool birthday party if I also want a party room?
As we don’t have a party space available for you, here are some ideas that have worked for others in the past:
- In the warmer months, have a picnic after your swim in the soccer field.
- Contact Portage College to request a room for your party.
- Arrange for transport to the Bold Center and book a room there.
- Attend a Toonie Swim for cost savings. Although we can’t accommodate a party room, this is the cheapest option for large groups.
- Can I book pool space to practice canoeing, scuba, kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.?
This really depends on what you’d like to practice in the pool. For insurance reasons, you cannot book pool space to practice scuba unless you are coming with a master diver. For safety reasons, we cannot allow anyone to paddleboard in the pool (paddlefit is stationary and considered an exception). Canoeing may be permitted if an accredited instructor is booking the space and the vessels are cleaned off before going into the pool.
If you have questions or special requests, please contact Portage Pool and you’ll be put in touch with the Coordinator or Supervisor.