Published: July 29, 2020
Portage Pool reopens to the general public on August 4, 2020 with guidelines in place to protect patrons and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Click here to view the schedule for August 4 to August 30, 2020.
- You must pre-book your lane swim times. Bookings can be made in 30-minute increments up to 1 hour. Bookings and open times are first-come, first-served. Call Portage Pool at (780) 623-6777 to book your lane swim time.
- Public swim times will be set at a maximum capacity of 70 individuals in the pool.
- Please come dressed to participate in your activity.
- Locker use will be limited.
- Patrons will be required to fill out a COVID-19 screening questionnaire before being admitted to the facility.
- Please bring your own clean pool toys to play with, as public-use toys are not permitted.
Family/Friend Cohorts: Swimming Lesson Registration Requirements
- To book swimming lessons, participants must be in an existing family-friend cohort. Call Portage Pool at (780) 623-6777 to register for lessons.
- Due to government recommendations, all pre-school levels and Swim Kids levels 1 to 4 will require one individual over the age 16 to be in water during the lesson, as the instructor will be teaching from the deck.
- The individual must be at minimum comfortable in chest-deep water.
- The individual will be responsible for facilitating holds, physical manipulation, etc. for lesson participants where necessary.
- Participants need to come dressed to participate in the lesson.
- Participants must be within 2 levels of each other (i.e. levels 1 and 3, and not levels 1 and 4).
- Registration for lessons will be open August 4, 2020 at 9:30 am.
These rules are subject to change, in accordance with Alberta Health Services guidelines and recommendations. Please visit boldcenter.ca or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/portagepool/ for updates.