Published: September 3, 2020
Changes for boldcenter.ca website COVID info
Lac La Biche County Recreation Relaunch FAQ
Updated October 28, 2020
When are facilities returning to normal hours?
On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 the Bold Center and Portage Pool returned to regular hours.
Facility Hours: 6 am to 11 pm
Statutory Holidays: 11 am to 7 pm
Administration Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Child Mind Services*: Tuesday & Friday 9am-1pm and
(*reopening November 3) Thursday 4-7pm
- Patrons are asked to wear a mask weekday from 9am-3pm as we share our facility with J.A. Williams High School. Wearing a mask is also encouraged when physical distancing is not possible.
- At this time, guests do not need to book workouts in advance at the Cenovus Fitness Centre. However, this is constantly being assessed and if numbers exceed space requirements, the pre-booking process may be reinstated.
- Lockers, showers and steam room are now available for use.
- Twice-Wipe Rule: guests are asked to wipe equipment both before and after use.
- Cenovus Fieldhouse 1 & 2, the boxing area, curling rink, and both arenas are now available.
What can I expect when I arrive at the Bold Center?
There are hand hygiene stations at all entrances and throughout our facilities. Members, paying patrons and program participants can check-in at the Bold Center Front Desk. Spectators should not be in participant spaces (e.g. fieldhouse surfaces, arena benches etc.). Spectators are allowed in bleacher areas based on social distancing of 2m between cohort groups.
Most registered programs require daily health checklists to be completed.
If any area of facility becomes too crowded, patrons may be asked to move or leave to maintain everyone’s safety.
Please stay home if you display any signs/symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have returned from travel outside of Canada in the last 14 days, have been in close contact with someone who is sick or tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or if attendee has had close contact with an individual who has any one of the first 5 symptoms on this list (starred*) AND who is a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days. You will not be permitted to enter the Bold Center and we ask for your support in keeping our facility patrons and staff safe.. Common COVID-19 symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing *
- Runny nose*
- Sore throat*
- Painful swallowing
- Nasal congestion
- Unexplained loss of appetite
- Muscle or joint aches
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
Do I need to wear a mask?
Patrons are asked to wear a mask weekday from 9am-3pm as we share our facility with J.A. Williams High School. Wearing a mask is recommended when physical distancing is not possible. We encourage users to follow physical distancing protocols at all times (except those in family/friend cohorts). You may see Bold Center employees wearing masks when physical distancing is not possible, or if they simply feel more comfortable wearing masks. *masks are available upon request, but users are encouraged to wear their own as supplies may not last
Masks are required for Community Access Bus and Paratransit Bus passengers and drivers.
What measures are you taking to ensure user safety?
- Protection screens and signage installed throughout the facility
- Staff wearing masks when physical distancing of at least 2 metres is not possible
- Hand sanitizer stations available upon entry/exit
- Extra sanitizing wipes available in fitness areas and classes
- Increased cleaning measures and cleaning frequency in all rec facilities and program and common areas
- Food court available for pick up/take out and tables placed throughout the main floor to encourage social distancing while eating
- Staff reminding users to respect physical distancing protocols and other safety measures