Published: September 3, 2020
Lac La Biche County Recreation Relaunch FAQ
Updated September 2, 2020
When are facilities returning to normal hours?
Portions of the Bold Center opened to the public on July 2, 2020 and Portage Pool opened on August 4. On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, the Bold Center will return to regular hours:
Facility Hours: 6 am to 11 pm
Statutory Holidays: 11 am to 7 pm
Administration Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
- Wearing a mask is encouraged when physical distancing is not possible.
- At this time, guests do not need to book workouts in advance at the Cenovus Fitness Centre. However, this is constantly being assessed and if numbers exceed space requirements, the pre-booking process may be reinstated.
- Lockers and showers are now available for use.
- Twice-Wipe Rule: guests are asked to wipe equipment both before and after use.
- Cenovus Fieldhouse 1 & 2, the boxing area, the dance studio and both arenas are now available.
- Kids Camp (2+ years) short term programming to coincide with fitness classes Sept 14 to Oct 29. More details on costs, times and cohorts available on Facebook @LLBCountyFCSS or by calling 780-623-6365
Portage Pool will also return to regular hours on September 8.
What facilities and amenities will NOT be available?
- Cenovus Child Mind services/indoor playground (reopening date TBD*)
- Steam rooms (reopening date TBD*)
- Hot tub at Portage Pool (reopening date TBD*)
*Expected to reopen as part of Stage 3 of the Government of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy.
What can I expect when I arrive at the Bold Center?
For everyone’s safety and wellbeing, all guests will be required to sign in. Members, paying patrons and program participants can check-in at the Bold Center Front Desk. All others please check-in at the manned table in the main corridor during peak times and provide their name, purpose of the visit, and phone number. This information will be used for contact tracing in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
Please stay home if you display any signs/symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have returned from travel outside of Canada in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who is sick or tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, as you will not be permitted to enter the Bold Center. Common COVID-19 symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Cough (new cough or worsening chronic cough)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing (new or worsening)
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Painful swallowing
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell, fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite)
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
Do I need to wear a mask?
Wearing a mask is recommended when physical distancing is not possible. We do encourage users to follow physical distancing protocols at all times (except those in family/friend cohorts). You may see Bold Center employees wearing masks when physical distancing is not possible, or if they simply feel more comfortable wearing masks. *masks are available upon request but users are encouraged to wear their own as supplies may not last
Masks are required for Community Access Bus and Paratransit Bus passengers and drivers.
What measures are you taking to ensure user safety?
- Contract tracing of all facility users/program participants
- Protection screens and signage installed throughout the facility
- Staff wearing masks when physical distancing of at least 2 metres is not possible
- Hand sanitizer stations available upon entry/exit
- Extra sanitizing wipes available in fitness areas and classes
- Increased cleaning measures and cleaning frequency in all rec facilities and program and common areas
- Food court available for pick up/take out and tables placed throughout the main floor to encourage social distancing while eating
- Staff reminding users to respect physical distancing protocols and other safety measures