Published: November 30, 2020
COVID-19 Closures, Protocols, and Changes at County Recreation Facilities
Lac La Biche County has reviewed the new restrictions and guidelines set out by the Government of Alberta on December 8, 2020 and updated on January 7, 2021. The following changes will apply to County facilities, programming and services as a result.
Please note that this list includes recreation and family-related facilities and programming only. For a full list of affected County facilities and services, visit the Lac La Biche County website.
- The Bold Center will be closed December 13, 2020 to at least January 21, 2021. There will be no public access to the main facility.
- The food court in the Bold Center will be accessible from the side food court door.
- J.A. Williams High School students and teachers will not have access to the Bold Center during school hours (with the exception of field house 2 for scheduled gym classes).
- All in-person programming has been cancelled. Registration for winter virtual programming and fitness classes opens Monday, January 11 and will be available online at: https://boldcenter.ca/activellbc/
- Customer service staff will also be prepared to accept phone registrations with a valid credit card as payment Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- Snowshoe rentals will be made available both online and by phone to arrange pick up times and payments. Call 780-623-3829 to register or to rent snowshoes.
Stuart MacPherson Public Library
- Libraries remain closed to the public until at least January 21, but continue to provide contactless curbside pickup at the Stuart MacPherson branch (Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm) by appointment only.
- Portage Pool will be closed December 13, 2020 to at least January 21, 2021.
- Starting Monday, January 11, you’ll be able to call Portage Pool Monday to Friday to register for swim lessons and leadership programs for the winter session. Call 780-623-6777 for more information.
- The Plamondon Arena will be closed December 13, 2020 to at least January 12, 2021. There will be no public access to the arena.
- The Plamondon Wandering River Community Resource Society will remain open until December 18, 2020 (this service meets Alberta Health Services Guidelines).
- The Top Shelf Grill will be open for takeout only (with delivery at the door). Please call 780-520-4853 for more information.
Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) Programs
- All in-person programming has been cancelled.
- Virtual options have been set up in some cases to replace in-person programs. Please check the Lac La Biche County Family & Community Support Services Facebook page, or call 780-520-8576 for more information.
- The FCSS toy lending and equipment library continues to be made available to County residents by appointment. Please contact FCSS Young Families at 780-623-6365.
Community Access Bus Services
- Paratransit Services will be available for medical appointments and prescription deliveries only.
- Community Access Bus Stops will be closed until further notice.
Outdoor Trails, Parks, Playgrounds, and Ice Rinks
- Outdoor trails, parks, and playgrounds remain available to the public, but users must follow all Alberta Health Services’ guidelines and restrictions.
- Outdoor ice rinks will be open when the ice is ready (weather-dependent). Alberta Health Services’ regulations will apply at each rink, and signage will be posted.
County staff have been working hard to develop opportunities for the community to stay active and healthy throughout the holiday season, from offering snowshoe rentals to online programming that you can follow along with at home. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to meet Alberta Health Services’ requirements and keep our community safe.
COVID-19 regulations are continually being clarified and changed, and we will provide updates as soon as we are able. Please stay tuned to the Lac La Biche County, Bold Center, Portage Pool, Lac La Biche County Family & Community Support Services, and Young Family Connections Facebook pages, along with our website, for more information as it develops.
For full information please visit the Lac La Biche County Website