Published: April 7, 2021
Lac La Biche County Recreation Facilities and COVID-19
The Province’s announcement of expanded restrictions starting May 5, 2021 impacts services and individual use of the County’s recreation facilities. All County recreation facilities are closed effective Friday, May 7 at 4:30 pm until further notice. Please note that all details are subject to change based on the Government of Alberta’s and Alberta Health Services restrictions.
Facility Hours & Recreation Services
The Bold Center & Portage Pool are closed to the general public. For inquiries, please call 780-623-3829 (Bold Center) or 780-623-6777 (Portage Pool), Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- All indoor activities (fitness, one-on-one personal training, team sports, aquatics, arts and culture, and recreation activities are prohibited currently.
- Virtual fitness classes are available.
- There are no indoor facility bookings permitted at this time.
- Programs that were set to start in May have been postponed at this time. Staff will be monitoring COVID updates closely and assess program options (virtual and in person) into June if restrictions are lifted. We are not accepting registrations at this time, until we know what is possible.
- All memberships have been suspended in the system.
Get active outdoors on Lac La Biche County’s Trails, Parks, and Playgrounds
- Outdoor trails, parks, and playgrounds remain available to the public. Signage has been posted at all sites. Please follow all Alberta Health Services’ guidelines and restrictions (participate in activities with members of your household or two close contacts if you live alone).
- The Bold Center artificial turf sports field is available for personal/family cohort bookings – please call 780-404-5580 for inquiries.
- Refer to Be A Tourist in Your Own Backyard (pages 40-41) and Low-Cost Leisure Activities (page 45) of the Spring/Summer Community Activity Guide for ideas to stay active outdoors.
Food Court / Services:
- Bold Center food vendors will close at 5 pm on weeknights. Rustic Bean is open 11 am – 3 pm on Saturdays. All remain take-out only.
- The Top Shelf Grill (based in the Plamondon Arena) is available for take-out orders by texting/calling 780-520-4853.
All in-person dining, including on patios, is prohibited. Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) Programs
- All in-person programming has been cancelled.
- Virtual options have been set up in some cases to replace in-person programs. Please check the Lac La Biche County Family & Community Support Services Facebook page, or call 780-520-8576 for more information.
- The FCSS toy lending and equipment library (including limited recreation equipment) continues to be made available to County residents by appointment. Please contact FCSS Young Families at 780-623-6365.
Community Access Bus Services
- Paratransit Services will be available for medical appointments and prescription deliveries only.
- Community Access Bus Stops will be closed until further notice.