Please note that this is a brief overview of Portage Pool admission and supervision standards and that all guests are encouraged to read the full, approved policy and procedure, which is available at laclabichecounty.com.
Children aged 6 and under:
- All children aged 6 and under, regardless of swimming ability, must have the direct supervision of a guardian who is at least 12 years of age or older, in all pools, at all times, and within arms reach. This means that you must be in the pool that your toddler is swimming in at the same time, even in the wading pool and shallow end of the main pool.
- Caregivers may supervise a maximum of 3 children aged 6 and under.
- Children aged 6 and under who do not have a caregiver to provide this level of supervision will not be permitted to enter the pool area even with a lifejacket.
Children Aged 7-11
- Children aged 7 to 11 years of age must have a guardian of at least 12 years of age present in the facility at all times.
- Children aged 7 to 11 years of age who wish to swim without direct supervision may complete a swim test, which is administered by a lifeguard.
- Portage Pool lifeguards will use their expertise and discretion in rendering their decision.
- Children who do not complete the swim test to the satisfaction of the lifeguard will be restricted to certain areas of the facility unless a caregiver of at least 12 years of age will be within arms reach and in the same pool with the child at all times.
- Children who complete the swim test to the satisfaction of the lifeguard will be permitted to swim without the direct supervision of a caregiver in all areas of the facility.
Please read the full, approved Supervision and Admission Procedure:
Pool Admission and Supervision Procedure